Search This Blog

House enjoy

House enjoy

Wikipedia

Search results

a cup of jo

About A Cup of Jo

Joanna Goddard

joanna-goddard

My twin sister and I were born in Paris in 1979, and grew up in France, England, and (mostly) the suburbs of Michigan. After graduating from the University of Michigan in 2001, I moved to New York City. I launched my career at Cosmopolitan, where my editorial responsibilities included stopping good-looking men on the street and asking them sexy questions. After working for women’s magazines for three years, I became the editor-in-chief of Bene, a small award-winning magazine about Italian life and style. From 2005 to 2007, I launched and ran the quarterly, which covered fashion, design, food, wine, travel and lifestyle. In 2008, I left Bene to write for magazines, including Glamour, Elle, New York, Budget Travel and Cookie. I was the relationships blogger for Glamour.com for two years, and also blogged for Conde Nast Traveler and Martha Stewart Living. During this time, I started A Cup of Jo as a weekend hobby, but after a few years — to my surprise — the site grew big enough to become my full-time job. (Here’s a post about blogging as a career.) My husband and I now live in Brooklyn with our two little boys, Toby and Anton.

Please feel free to email me anytime at hello@cupofjo.com, or find me on Instagram and Twitter. Thank you so much for reading.

Meet the Team

Caroline Donofrio

Editor

Caroline moved to New York in 2002 to attend Barnard College. She began her editorial career as an intern at Vogue, where she spent many hours in the fabled fashion closet, trying on exquisite shoes and even lovelier jewelry. Though the shoes were nice, Caroline decided she loved books more and made a jump to publishing, spending the next few years at the talent and literary agency William Morris Endeavor. From 2011 to 2014, she worked as an editor at Penguin, where she acquired and edited fiction and nonfiction books. Though she loves blogging, she’ll never completely turn her back on books — she is currently at work on one of her own. Caroline lives in Brooklyn with her small dog and far too many beauty products. You can reach her at caroline@cupofjo.com, or find her on Twitter and Instagram.

Lexi Mainland

Alexis Mainland

Managing Editor

Lexi joined A Cup of Jo in the spring of 2015, after working for more than eight years at The New York Times in a range of storytelling, editing, and digital strategy roles. She has run blogs and interactive projects, written a weekly column about shopping, spent a year interviewing unique New Yorkers (an undertaking that won her an Emmy, which has its own shelf in her clothes closet), covered elections and political scandals, and led a team focused on social media. Before The Times, Lexi worked in documentary TV and digital media at WGBH, the flagship PBS station. She is a committed news junkie, but her truest passions are design, food, culture and online communities like this. Lexi lives in Brooklyn with her husband, toddler son and King Charles spaniel. You can email her at lexi@cupofjo.com, or find her on Twitter and Instagram.

Stella Blackmon

Editorial Assistant

Stella grew up in Springfield, Missouri, where for many years she assisted and collaborated with the fine arts photographer Julie Blackmon, her mom. In 2013, Stella began her editorial career writing about road trips and entertaining tips for the women’s lifestyle site Clementine Daily. After graduating from college in 2015, Stella spent the summer as an intern at A Cup of Jo. She joined the team as a full-time staff member that fall. Stella lives in Brooklyn with two friends and her treasured collection of Nora Ephron films. You can reach her at stella@cupofjo.com, or find her on Instagram.

Praise For

A Cup of Jo

Founded in January 2007, A Cup of Jo covers fashion, beauty, design, food, travel, relationships, motherhood and lifestyle. Our readers are enthusiastic, style-conscious women who love shopping online and discovering new things. Cup of Jo receives 5.5 million monthly page views and approximately 1 million monthly unique visitors.

“One of the Top 10 Lifestyle Websites for Women" and “One of the Top 100 Websites for Women."

“The blog read by the entire fashion and beauty industry.”

“One of the 10 Most Influential Personal Style Bloggers.”

“One of the Top 50 Design Blogs for Moms.”

“The Queen of the Blogosphere.”

“A remarkably fresh curatorial eye . . . Plus, honest posts about motherhood will speak to you instead of at you.”

“We love Joanna for her tell-it-like-it-is posts on motherhood and her genius finds from around the web.”

“There are more than a few devotees of Joanna Goddard's witty blog around here.”

“Goddard's keen editorial eye and singular literary voice have made her one of the most admired bloggers on the Web.”

CONTACT US

We love getting emails from readers. Please feel free to write to Joanna at hello@cupofjo.com, Caroline at caroline@cupofjo.com and Lexi at lexi@cupofjo.com. If you have a question, you can also take a look at our FAQ page — the answer may be waiting there for you.

ADVERTISING & PARTNERSHIPS

We love working with brands and businesses and are happy to create partnerships of all shapes and sizes. Please email Joanna at hello@cupofjo.com for our media kit.

LET’S HANG OUT

You can follow A Cup of Jo on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. We’re also in the process of developing a weekly email newsletter, and you can subscribe here now if you’d like.

Pizza anyone?



BUSINESS HOURS:

Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm

Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm





​Telephone: 904.389.1322

Fax : Jacksonville 904.389.1324

Orlando 407.834.5699

Tampa 904.389.1324

THE RECOGNIZED LEADER IN THE SOUTH
904.389.1322

2929 EDISON AVE
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32254

Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday 8:00am-4:00pm


Home

About Us

Manufacturers Represented

Portfolio

Contact Us

More

​





COMPANY HISTORY



Florida Hydronics, Inc. is a factory representative and distributor of commercial hydronic heating and cooling equipment, serving northern and central Florida from our three locations in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa.

Founded in 1977, the company has become the recognized leader in providing equipment solutions to the consulting engineers and mechanical contractors involved with HVAC projects.
In addition to large inventories of mechanical equipment and parts, we perform substantial in-house sub-assembly work for contractors to minimize their field installation problems and reducing labor expense.


All principals and employees of Florida Hydronics are active members and financially supportive of The American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the premiere trade association of the HVAC industry.











LEADERSHIP

Lawrence E. Snyder - President



Bill Dalhoff - Vice President






TACO DISTRIBUTION AREA

Kerri

Kerri
Like your smile

Fellowship House in Anderson Indiana

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Change language and country settings
















































Wednesday, 1 July 2015






Diamonds and Crystals




It's been a while since I last featured one of my friends, and i'm so
excited to introduce her to you! Meet Crystal Tsang, we met on the AID
Youth Overseas English Teaching program, and she is one of my favourites
from that trip. If it wasn't for the program, we probably would've
never met, so i'm truly thankful that we did.

Crystal was one of my main inspirations to start a blog because she has
an awesome one that she introduced me to last summer. All the girls in
my team were so kind and really encouraged me to pursue my blog and
youtube dream. Without those girls, this probably wouldn't exist. Thanks
so much Crystal, Lynn, and Katrina <3 I miss you all so much!
Without further ado, the outfit details. She's always been a fashionista
in my eyes, finding great deals at thrift stores, and pulling them off
like no other. Her casual look features one of my closet staples, a
black leather jacket. Her's is a classic, with the silver detailing and
rocker lapels. Paired underneath is a casual earth tone beige tee that
she thrifted from Goodwill. The perfectly baggy boyfriend jeans add to
the overall laid-back look, and of course her pop edginess, the leopard
print flats. I've always loved Crystal's style, and I hope you do too!


Leather Jacket    |   Zara
T-Shirt   |   Goodwill
Necklace   |   Forever 21
Boyfriend Jeans   |   Gap
Bracelets   |   Gifts
Shoes   |   Nordstrom Rack

Friday, 26 June 2015





#ProudToLove


I've been blessed to have grown up in a community full of open-minded
people, but not everyone has that luxury. I remember the first time a
friend of mine came out to me, he was so scared. But why should he be?
Recently, another friend of mine casually brought up that she was seeing
this girl, and that she had started questioning her sexuality. After
sharing her thoughts with me, she thanked me for being so accepting. But
shouldn't everyone be accepting? It's time for people to be able to be
themselves without being judged for being different. 
As you all know by now, i've been obsessed with YouTube beauty videos
for almost a decade now. One of my favourite YouTuber's, Ingrid Nilsen,
came out a few days ago. Was I expecting it? No. But my view of her does
not falter. And I am so glad that YouTube embraced this, and made this
powerful video to help advertise this amazing news. 
Now I'm not gonna pretend that I know anything about politics, and
before this news came up on my newsfeed, I had no idea this discussion
was even going on. But I am so glad that the US Supreme Court has ruled
in favour of same-sex marriage, and I really hope that other countries
that have yet to make this legal, follows in these footsteps. 
Being homophobic is not okay, and it never will be okay with me. Some of
my favourite people in the world are gay, and I love them just the way
they are :) Was this post corny or what? Whatever, i just had to share.

Thursday, 25 June 2015






Vancouver’s Best Aburi Sushi






Are you hungry yet? It’s unanimous, everybody loves sushi. And my
favourite type is aburi boxed sushi. If you don’t already know what it
is, “aburi” means torched, so the sushi is comprised of thinly sliced
sashimi that is lightly torched to a golden brown, laid perfectly on a
bed of seasoned pressed rice so that it forms the shape of a “box”. To
finish it off, it is usually topped with a slice of jalapeño to add a
refreshing kick. The end result is a warm bite of handcrafted sushi that
literally melts in your mouth. 
Pictured here are three Japanese restaurants here in Vancouver that
offers this delicacy. And after trying them all, I’ve concluded that
honestly, they all taste pretty similar, but Kishimoto is the clear
winner, for several reasons. 
1st: Kishimoto prevails because they had the option of an unagi (BBQ
Eel) aburi sushi, which the other two restaurants did not offer, and it
was my favourite because it had a creamier texture than the regular
salmon aburi sushi. Also the presentation of their dishes are absolutely
beautiful, what can I say, I’m a sucker for packaging. Last but not
least the price point is significantly lower at $12 per order compared
to $19+.  
2nd: Miku is the most pricey of them all, but I really enjoyed the
overall dining experience, and of course the stunning view of the water.
The other seafood dishes I tried there were also very satisfying. This
would be a great place to take your date for a fancier evening or
celebration. 
3rd: Minami places last not because it wasn’t delicious, but because I
feel that if you wanted an extravagant dining experience I would just go
to Miku, and if you wanted to go for the food and not strain your
wallet I would go to Kishimoto. Minami is the in-between in terms of
price point, but you wouldn’t be missing out on much either way because
Miku and Minami are pretty darn similar (which would make sense since
they are sister restaurants).

Monday, 22 June 2015






All About The Basics








"I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour." - Emmanuel Alt
Hi, my name is Rachel, and I don't like wearing colour. 90% of my closet
consists of either black, white, or some shade of grey. The other 10%
includes either earth tones, or maroon. I kind of prefer it to this way
though. 
In every outfit series, I will try to include a very basic outfit with
pieces that you can likely find in your own closet. Sometimes, the most
basic outfits look best, in my opinion. Oh, and its super easy to look
chic when you're wearing all black and white. Hopefully these basic
posts will inspire you to go for a more minimalistic look, which is
apparently hype right now anyways.



This outfit is all about proportions. There's something about heels that
changes the way you carry yourself. Also, they lengthen your legs
giving you a much taller and slimmer look. Pro-Tip: By pairing your
heels with a pair of dark high-waisted skinny jeans and tucking your
shirt in the front gives the illusion of legs for days. The top in this
outfit gives off a very comfortable and flowy vibe. You can't really see
it in the pictures, but the top is actually sheer enough to show off
the cute bralette that you're wearing underneath. I kind of forgot for
this shoot, but I would normally pair this outfit with a long necklace
to add a bit more character to the outfit. Paired with my favourite pair
of high waisted dark skinnies with a slit at each knee, and a pair of
killer black booties gives you an effortlessly put together look that
works with any occasion.



Summer Lookbook Video Coming Soon!


3/4 Sleeve Top   |   Oak & Fort
Bralette   |   Aritzia
Jeans   |   Abercrombie and Fitch
Watch   |   Michael Kors 
Booties   |   Justfab 

Thursday, 18 June 2015





Self Promotion Done Right


Since the starting my internship, I started following the 2015 Marketing
Awards, and i've seen some pretty amazing work. But this one stood
out. 
I was so impressed by how this Canadian advertising agency promoted
themselves with such spunk. It's so memorable, humorous and perfectly
ironic. Now that I think about it, it was probably rather low budget as
well. 
In my humble opinion, I think the best campaigns play on emotions, just
like this one does. Some of my other all time favourite campaigns are:
Old Spice - The Man Your Man Could Smell Like, P&G - Thank you Mom,
and Coca Cola's Happiness Machine. Such basic choices, I know, but what
you gonna do right? My aspiration in life... (what up Beyonce reference)
is to become one of the great minds behind such a campaign. If you
haven't seen it yet, I promise it'll be worth the 2.5 minutes.





Let me know if you like seeing these pictorials. This post is meant to
be experimental, and I wanted to get your feedback. I used to use a
bunch of these when I was new to make up and found them really helpful!
You can also download the pictorial as a whole if you don't like
scrolling!


Watch the video tutorial here : https://youtu.be/057scCb0QJQ




Wednesday, 17 June 2015






Hazy Summer Nights










I have a new favourite place to shop. For non-Canadians, Oak and Fort
can only be found in NYC. But if you're from BC, Alberta, or Ontario,
make sure you stop by your nearest location to see for yourself. The
items in store feature looser fitting silhouettes, and neutral colour
palettes. The end result is a high fashion persona that still remains
wearable and suitable for everyday.



I have this theory about Aritzia, that I believe holds true for Oak And
Fort as well. If you buy your entire wardrobe from this store, no matter
how you mix and match your outfits, it would be rather difficult for
the end result to look bad.

Without further ado, let's get into the outfit itself. I love the
classic black cropped tank that I have on in this look. In fact, I loved
it so much that I got it in both black and white. It literally goes
with anything high waisted. That being said, the high waisted pair of
satin shorts is the statement of this outfit. The hazy print on the
shorts, and the sporty cut on the side makes the shorts look very laid
back, but the satin texture remains luxurious against the skin. The high
waisted aspect also never fails on aesthetically lengthening the legs.
And of course the heels, you've seen these babies before. I personally
think this look is very versatile. It's casual enough for a patio
brunch, but also dressy enough for a girls night out (that is, with a
killer pair of heels of course).



Cropped Tank   |   Zara
Patterned Shorts   |   Oak and Fort
Watch   |   Michael Kors
Platform Heels   |   Taipei 








No comments:

Post a Comment